Elzenz Spiritual Business Motivation
Add blog to our blog directory. On the Wagon - Blogged Blogging Fusion Blog Directory

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Vine Man (Iron Man) Triathlon in Sonoma


Okay so I'm thinking about doing this.  It is beyond scary.  I have always said I didn't want to do a triathlon because I hate swimming in the open ocean, especially in water that isn't clear.  Damn Steven Spielberg and that effin shark!  Well on Sunday night I met a girl who had completed an Iron Man in Sonoma.  She told me that the swimming portion of that one is in a river.  Hearing this filled me with both elation and terror.

For those of you who don't know, an Iron Man is a triathlon where you swim 2.4 miles, bike 112 miles, and run 26.2 miles.  A shiver ran through me just typing that.

Am I crazy?  I have just over 6 1/2 months that I could train do do this.  Have any of you ever done an Iron man? Thoughts?

From: http://www.active.com/running/sonoma-county-about-1-hour-north-of-san-francisco-ca/full-vineman-triathlon-2011?cmp=1745

2 comments:

heather said...

Some friend's husbands I know have done ironmans...it's serious business. Lots of training...
This is pretty much what they live with: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B03dFMG8nR4

Angel On The Wagon said...

Hahahaha omg that was hilarious!! "Nothing is fun at 4:30 in the morning." True! :)